Originally Posted by Kevsworld
Maybe we could start with this:
1. Work on the basic, compound lifts: bench press, squat, deadlift
2. Eat a nutrient dense diet and increase your protein intake.
3. Be sure to get adequate rest, including adequate sleep.
4. Focus on good form--never sacrifice form.
5. Focus on diet and training over supplements.
Just a few ideas, assuming you are healthy and just now starting out.
David, Husband, Father, Pastor
(Yasen Miroslav Zavadil)
Meet Maxes: Gym Maxes:
Squat 308 315
Bench 176 185 This WILL change!
Deadlift 408 375
Shooting for a 1000+ total for next meet, spring/summer 2015. (see quote below)
"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran
1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified