tank
Max Brawn
Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: Rookie
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Food
tank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
This comes from a weak upper back, eyes moving down during a pull, trying to leg press a deadlift, starting with hips too high, starting with feet not under the bar, and several other common deadlift form issues.

If the leverages are a hair off the body will make corrections to protect itself and maximize strength, and they won't look pretty.

That's why a natural feel - a powerful feel - is what I aim for above all else when pulling. I don't form lock myself, but rather set my hips until I feel like I am in a position to rip something off the ground.

A good natural leverage feel, along with leading with the head and locking with the hips will help the body function as intended.

that bit really helped me understand how i should be pulling. i focus way too much on arching my lower back and slightly retracting my shoulder blades, so today when i deadlift i will do neither using a conventional style and see how it feels. 1,000,000 x better i imagine.

20 JAN 12 at 200 (90) BW - 385/275/405 (175/125/184) SQ/B/D

29 MAY 12 at 206 (93) BW - 135/175 (61/79) SN/CJ
tank is offline   Reply With Quote