Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
I stick with the Jonathan Byrd specialized plan haha!

Honestly I am not a big fan of cut and paste type programs. I think you need to constantly adjust what you are doing every few weeks to hit the weak points that arise. I plan my max cycles in 6-10 week sections. When I am not in a cycle I do lots of 4-6 reps unless I am in a bench shirt. It has worked really well for both myself and Honeycutt in the past.

With that being said, lots of people have had success with all the above mentioned programs. I think to a point, pretty much any program will work for a little while. Good luck in your search.
Yeah I agree, that's the reason I generally stayed away from those type of periodised routines. I rarely could keep up with the poundage gains (SmolovJr was the notable exception) and missing a weight after 6 weeks just when things start to get productive is bad for the confidence.

I much prefer to hit it hard when I feel good, and rest when I don't.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote