View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 10:33 AM   #18
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Good man. That's about the way I like to pull too. Chest up is key, and not keeping it up is the biggest error I see new lifters making.
This comes from a weak upper back, eyes moving down during a pull, trying to leg press a deadlift, starting with hips too high, starting with feet not under the bar, and several other common deadlift form issues.

If the leverages are a hair off the body will make corrections to protect itself and maximize strength, and they won't look pretty.

That's why a natural feel - a powerful feel - is what I aim for above all else when pulling. I don't form lock myself, but rather set my hips until I feel like I am in a position to rip something off the ground.

A good natural leverage feel, along with leading with the head and locking with the hips will help the body function as intended.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote