Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn
Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Soccer Tournament Champion!
Training Exp: 8 years off and on
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank View Post
2) proper deadlifting technique involves a tight lower back, if i'm not mistaken. i read recently an article that basically said once the weight gets to a certain point the lower back can and will round in order to get the weight off the floor. point being, getting the weight up no matter how, which seems contrary to what i've always learned.
Focus on working with weights that you're able to lift properly. Flexibility is important, but when I see lower backs rounding its because someone is trying to pull more than they're ready for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
If you build amazingly strong lats you can help to maintain a constant shoulder position throughout the lift, will resist your shoulders slouching forward, which will help to keep the lower back more neutral.
Out of curiousity, do you personally pull your shoulders back when pulling? I could be misinterpretting what you're saying here...

The reason I asked is because I've heard people recommend retracting the scapulas, [IIRC] when coaches like Penlay and Rippe highly recommend against it. [/IIRC].