View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 09:50 AM   #10
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I think this is all rather simple. If you are able to Pendlay row 365 from a dead stop over and over again using strict form, your deadlift will be beastly. Same applies to dumbbell rows.

I certainly can't turn any of this into an equation, but I can say that if you get beastly strong on rows, I am certain it helps your deadlift.

Think about the deadlifter with the weak upper back. As he explodes the bar weak back/lats are going to limit the pull. Because the top is weak it would make sense that extra pressure would be added to the middle and lower back.

I deadlifted last week with weakened lats and it impacted my pulls.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote