View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 11:33 PM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Apparently, some even feel a muscle needs to be hit twice per week AND no person should ever work out more than four days per week.
Well most recreational lifters will never have to workout more than 3-4 times per week. Some powerlifters workout more than that, but it's pretty commonplace for even elite level powerlifters to train 4 days per week.

AAS using bodybuilders can benefit from 5 or 6 day bodypart splits.

Quote:
I would be honored if he actually replied to me. But I will definitely welcome advice from those who know him or have been advised by him.
I would be glad to help.

Quote:
My goal is to step on stage in three years the biggest and leanest I can possibly be, with conditioning that can almost compare to Tommy Jeffers.
I have spoken with Tommy several times. A great guy. I think you can make amazing muscle gains in 2.5 years and get in contest shape in 3 years.

Quote:
So any advice on what training program I should get on pertaining to my goal would be appreciated. I already know diet. For some reason, that was much simpler for me to understand and implement.
Square one. Start simple, work hard, eat so you can gain. There are many good 3 and 4 day options I could suggest, but first I want to know how confident you are with squats and deadlifts.

Also, what is your current height, weight and age?

It would also help to know about where some of your lifts are poundage-wise. This can help me understand what kind of loads you are used to.

My basic advice will often lifts from the following pool:

Squats
Deadlifts
Barbell/DB Rows
Bench Press/Incline BP, Dumbbell Bench Press
Dips
Pull Ups
Chin Ups
Close Grip Bench Press
Overhead Press
Power Cleans
Weighted Sit Ups
Side Bends
Curls
Calf Raises (If needed)

Let's take a look at your height, weight and lift experience, and then we'll put together a workout and get you focused on progression.

Regarding diet, what is your general structure, meaning calories per day and protein intake?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote