Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn
Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Soccer Tournament Champion!
Training Exp: 8 years off and on
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor

Texas method is a great program IMO. There are multiple variations of it, as you can see on Wiki, so make sure you look that over. I found 1 version to better suit me.

The great thing about TM is that you get that 5x5 volume. It will kick you ass when you get to heavy weights, but I think it was the key to my success this go around. And having the light WO after to recoup but stay loose was very helpful. Then the 3rd WO is all out and you can't beat that.

I think I modified variation 2... Can't remember, but that was the one I liked. I know I modified the volume and intensity of the press because that was a lift I wanted to work on. Either way, it worked out great until my hip decided it didn't love me anymore.