View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 03:54 PM   #12
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Well I think as it stands for the main lift it's not enough...meaning one all out working set. It certainly could be structured to add more volume on the main lift, being that it's flexible. I agree with you that it is adjustable enough to be useful.
Yes, I see your point about only doing one all-out set. I see it differently though, any set over 80% of your max for several reps is going to induce a training response. So really the lifter is getting in three good sets with those percentages. Training doesn't have to be to-failure to be productive.

Then you add the accessory lifts and assistance lifts, which should include some other form of pulling and direct quad work, and you have pretty good volume for the week. But I guess it's all in how you look at it...
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote