View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 02:25 PM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank View Post
What are everyone's opinions on the pros and cons of various powerlifting routines for the intermediate lifter of any program with which you have knowledge or experience?
My opinion...

Westside is an art form. I would not recommend Westside until you are certain you understand it. I also don't believe it's what you need right now.

531...very popular. I personally don't believe that a 4 week periodization is needed for most that use it. There are faster ways to progress and like Fazc said, if you're young, hard working, and still have a lot of strength to gain, it pays to be a bit more aggressive. I also agree with Fazc in that I don't believe it's enough volume, nor do I think once a week is necessarily the best for several of the lifts.

Personally I believe in pushing yourself every week until you reach a point where weekly or biweekly progression stalls, or to the point where your body is telling you that a break/deload is needed.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 11-15-2011 at 02:27 PM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote