Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

It's funny, I always hear people say that barbell bench press isn't the best movement for chest, but I used bench presses for chest almost exclusively for most of my training life and I've got great chest development. It's just another case of how we all respond differently to different movements.

I also have full chest development throughout the entire muscle, inside to out, lower to upper, and I've never used incline or decline movements. I once saw a diagram showing all the different places on the chest that each exercise worked. I call BS on that. If you only do decline presses you aren't going to have some huge lump of muscle sticking out between your nipple and your abs.

One good thing that benefitted me is that I learned very early on about arching and pulling the shoulders back throughout the movement. I blame that for my lack of shoulder issues and good chest development while basically using only the bench press.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote