Spartigus
Max Brawn
Points: 3,966, Level: 40 Points: 3,966, Level: 40 Points: 3,966, Level: 40
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat & Quick Lifts
Fav Supp: Milk
Spartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarHead View Post
I like the look of your routine Spart,strong lifts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull14 View Post
Great work Spart, bench is still looking strong despite the minor set back.
Thanks guys!!

Today was squat day, I was aiming for 150kg for 5 singles (last week I made 155kg for 1 before my knees hurt and back hurt a lot), so I was going to cut 5kg, the week before that I made 150kg for 3 singles. On the 5x5 I was planning on 100kg, cutting intensity slightly and upping volume, last week I hit 110kg for just 3 reps because of my knees and back, week before was 105kg for 3x5.

Squat Day
Squats
barxlots
60kgx15
90kgx10
110kgx5
130kgx2
150kgx1

By now my knees were sore again, so I called it on singles. I made the choice then to next week cut the singles to 140kg, and I would up the intensity slightly on the 5x5, those would start today.

Squats
110kgx5x5 (I guess a PR for the backoff sets?)

What I did notice was on the 3rd rep of 1st set, I went down a bit faster and activated a stronger hamstring reflex, I realised I wasnt doing this enough. I also noticed my knees felt a lot better.

After the 5x5 sets my knees felt less sore, and I felt more explosive out the hole. I was thinking more and I found I wasnt getting that hamstring reflex out the hole and it was putting a lot of stress on my knees. I think this might of been the reason for my sore knees?

Reverse Hypers
5x10 (bodyweight)

My back is feeling pretty good, and my knee issue I think is sorted out .

Next week, the plan is 140kg for 5 singles, and 110kg for 5x5. That should get me back on the progression train, and hopefully give my knees a slight break. I will probably keep the 5x5 at 110kg until my 5 singles hit 150kg, unless the 140kg feels pretty light (which hopefully it will).

It has been interesting upping the volume and seeing how to adjust the intensity, good lessons .

Friday is Deadlift day, now last week I made 175kg for 3 singles, that felt pretty light still, so I think I will keep 175kg and hit 5 singles. Though I dont want to run into the same problem of not reducing the intensity enough. I dont know if I should reduce it to 170kg, but I dont want to reduce it too much.

"When in doubt, just get really, really strong. It tends to cure most problems in training and life." - Wendler
Spartigus is offline   Reply With Quote