View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 12:11 AM   #2
BigJosh
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Chicken every day Homie!
BigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite member
Default 11/12/11

Squats
235x6,6,6

Bench Press
255x6,5 245x5

DB Rows
75x8, 80x8,8

Db lateral raises
17.5x8,8,8

CGBP
185x8, 195x8,4

Rev. Pec deck
75x10,10,10

Overall Workout Grade: B

Notes:
This was a good workout. However, the change in volume between this and Madcow was kind of a "culture shock". The straight sets really ratchet up the intensity, not to mention the added volume of exercises and reps. It was a kick in the ass.
The squat went well.
The bench really put me in my place. On the 22nd of October I smashed 290x3 with relatively easy. Not sure what the hell happened here, but I was hitting no where near that. I figured that with the hit and miss working out over the last 3 weeks and the added volume some lifts would be a bit down, but I really didn't expect my bench to take that much of a hit. Maybe things will improve once my nerves adapt.
It's been a long while since I did DB rows. Very fun.
I hit a wall on my 3rd set of CGBP. Caught me a bit off guard, I must admit. I guess I'm still adapting to the change in my workout. I guess I can only improve from here.

Overall I enjoyed this session and am looking forward to seeing how things go.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is offline   Reply With Quote