Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
I'd stick with the beginner one for now, till you're sure it won't work for you. It's always better to exhaust the easy options it gives you more choices later on when you do stall.

I've never seen much value in Cleans to be honest, nothing against Cleans it's more to do with my inability to do/teach them. However if you really want to do them they're a fast lift so you'd want to do them first, I'd place them before the Deadlifts on Friday. Making your Friday look something like:

Cleans 5 x 1-3
Deadlifts 5 x 5
Abs 5 x 12
Ok, thanks. So you're replacing the deadlift singles with the cleans in this example? (Hope that's not a daft question!) No thanks, I will definitely be doing the deadlifts instead Cleans can wait for later.

So the beginner has basically no assistance exercises due to the intense volume of the main lifts? I guess if you're not wrecked after the mains, you ain't going heavy enough!

Finally, how would one warm up for the singles? Today, for my 1RM attempt, I started with 8 reps at 40% of my 1RM target, then did 5 reps at 60%, 3 reps at 70%, 1 rep at 80% and 1 rep at 90%. Got a PR so it worked fine! (Think I answered my own question!)

The singles are at 90% of the 1RM, am I correct? Where would one begin the 5x5? At 70% of 1RM perhaps?

Oh and push presses are ok instead of OHP?

And no more questions from me for now

Last edited by Kuytrider; 11-14-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote