View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 09:31 AM   #9
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Things will get thrown to the side with a hybrid, for sure. The main reason I'm bastardizing these programs is to show possibilities - to get people thinking, and thinking for themselves.

Some people don't like DE work, so they choose Wendlers. Some people get great gains from Wendlers, but are curious about adding DE work. Some guys do Westside, but maybe want to incorporate simple cycles of intensity like Wendlers.

Westside, at it's core, is a program developed by AAS users. While it's very effective, it can tax the heck out of some naturals. So I see Westside with some simple cycles as one possible reason for bastardization, and I see adding DE work to Wendler's as another possible need.

Just thinking out loud.

Grim...I look at Westside as triples working to max singles. I look at Wendlers as a slight variation from this template, hitting the last set hard each week. Again, keep in mind that Westside wasn't developed specifically for naturals. Overall, the "money sets" aren't too far off. Wendlers is more of a micro-cycled Westside, IMHO.

Since Wendler's is wide open with regards to assistance work, I think sliding some Westside ideas into Wendlers is actually a good idea, and one worthy of toying with.

Jwood...I see no problem with doing ME and DE on the same day.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote