Thread: Bands
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 09:14 AM   #30
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
This could prove to be too much posterior chain work, but it does not hurt to try it. Just listen to your body and be smart about it, I am just afraid that it may hold you back on some of your gains by trying to do too much in each workout.
That's good advice.

It's a very fine line between doing enough and too much posterior chain work. I ran a routine that gave me great gains but fried my posterior. It was my first attempt (in 2007) at designing my own powerlifting routine. My deadlift was strong as heck, but my lower back absolutely hated me.

It was setup like this:

Monday
Heavy Squats - 4 week progression, not unlike Wendler's but with more volume
Good Mornings
RDLs
Heavy Abs

Thursday
Heavy Deadlifts - 4 week progression, not unlike Wendler's but with more volume
Rack Pulls
Front Squats
Heavy Abs

Destroy That Which Destroys You