Max Brawn
Points: 3,966, Level: 40 Points: 3,966, Level: 40 Points: 3,966, Level: 40
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Tournaments Won: 2

Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat & Quick Lifts
Fav Supp: Milk
Spartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
That's a good question Spart, thanks for that.

Not all lifts will progress at the same rate. So that means some of your lifts may be ready to progress through the stages, others may not. Perfectly fine.

If you're really struggling with the lower back then yes progress onto the next routine. Switch the back off sets to a variation and add in another assistance exercise.

Deadlifts - 5 singles
Rack Deadlifts - 5 sets of 5
Heavy Shrugs - 5 sets of 5
Abs - 5 sets of 12

I think all in all 4-6 weeks is all you can expect, you're probably ready to add the work back in now. When you feel you're ready and have maxed out the poundage on this version, work upto a max on the main exercises and take a light week. When you're back you can expand the routine out again.
Thanks!

So the rack deadlifts I pull from about 1" below the knees? I havent really done them before, but I imagine I will start at maybe 140kg for 5x5?

Do I need to max out and take a light week? Today is meant to be my first training day. Last week I hit 115kg for 3 singles on bench, this week I could go for 115kg for 5 singles, and I did 92.5kg for 3x5, I feel I could do 95kg for 5x5.

"When in doubt, just get really, really strong. It tends to cure most problems in training and life." - Wendler
Spartigus is offline   Reply With Quote