Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

That's a good question Spart, thanks for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartigus View Post
I think my lower back is having trouble with recovery from the deadlifts. Last week on deadlifts, I hit 175kg for 3 singles and the 3x5 was 140kg.
Not all lifts will progress at the same rate. So that means some of your lifts may be ready to progress through the stages, others may not. Perfectly fine.

If you're really struggling with the lower back then yes progress onto the next routine. Switch the back off sets to a variation and add in another assistance exercise.

Deadlifts - 5 singles
Rack Deadlifts - 5 sets of 5
Heavy Shrugs - 5 sets of 5
Abs - 5 sets of 12

Quote:
I was just wondering at what point should I increase the volume on squatting and benching. I know this is meant to be a peaking routine, but I am craving more volume on squats and bench.
I think all in all 4-6 weeks is all you can expect, you're probably ready to add the work back in now. When you feel you're ready and have maxed out the poundage on this version, work upto a max on the main exercises and take a light week. When you're back you can expand the routine out again.

Just make sure you're honest with yourself, are you actually stalling in the gym because of your lower back or are you just a little beat up? If you can still progress, then I suggest an important lesson is to carry on through. If you truly think you'd risk injury then it's your call to switch it up, just bear that in mind. A little pain is something to get used to.

Last edited by Fazc; 11-13-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote