Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
My first question is volume regulation. The program example has quite a bit of assistance volume. How do you personally determine what volume is appropriate for a given lifter?
Generally the lifter needs to condition themselves for a lot of work. Bear in mind this routine is aimed at those wanting to make a real good run at lifting heavy. The lifter will need to have the desire to work very hard and for long periods if not now then eventually.

As I've written about before, you can do anything if you start light enough. As long as it's broken into gently then the lifter will adapt. He'll only progress through the various stages as he adapts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Second question...for the above Beginner version, do you recommend a minimum time under the iron before using singles?
Generally I recommend Full Body routines for beginners. A lot of progress can be made on something like:

Squats
Bench Press
Chins
Deadlifts
Press

All done for 3 sets of 10, with the workout done 3 non-consective days per week.

Once the lifter has exhausted that routine AND has decided to take the plunge into strength training, then I think the Beginner course would be appropriate.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote