Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Is there any way you can combine some of Juggs with 531?

The plan at your gym doesn't sound too bad, but with the cycling it's not that really far off from 531 in a sense.
I think the plan at the gym sounds pretty good, but I guess it does not really sound all that fun to me. I do not know why, I guess b/c it seems kinda like westside and I have been doing that for a while now.

I think I need a program that auto regulates the progression like the jugg method, or even 5/3/1. I just do not think that ME work is necessarily the most effective option for a raw lifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull14 View Post
Jugg is loosely based off of 5/3/1, Steve.

Nothing wrong with any of the options. Certainly comes down to the specifics of each system... if size is one of the primary goals I'd go which ever provides the greatest volumes of work on the main/big lifts (strength progression on each program is pretty certain).
This is why I was thinking of going with the Jugg method. It does provide a lot more volume especially on the main lifts. The only thing I am unsure about is doing sets of ten on deadlifts. But I think it would be fine with sumo. I have never had a problem doing reps with sumo deads.