MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Thanks Pull and Spart. Thanks especially BtB. I was not too happy about those squats, so that encouragement was very timely. I appreciate that.

Anyway, nothing to do but just work at it and get better. There you go.

Thursday, week 3

OH DB walk w/ 40DBs 30-40sec.
OH DB Punches w/ 15DB: 2x 10, each arm

Push Press:
2x 10x bar, 10x 65
8x 95
5x 105
2x 125

5x 1x 155 (PR)

OHP: 5x 5x 105 (No Push)
ss with 3x 12x 50 DB Rows from floor

Chinup/Lat w/130:
7/5
6/6
5/7
4/8
3/9 (+3 reps!)

I included that warmup stuff as I think it is really helping me get prepared to lift. The idea is to do an unstable hold, then a speed motion, then start your ramping sets. I've been doing it for Bench, Rows, Squats, and Deadlift too for about a month. I got the idea from Men's Health. I think it works. FWIW.

Very pleased with the Push Press PR, so if I hit a deadlift PR tomorrow, that's a clean sweep of maxes for the big four lifts for this week. We'll see. I also held each rep OH for a count of two and lowered them all slowly, like a second or two.

I did OHP instead of PP on the back off sets becasue it occurred to me that PP improves your lockout, but doesn't do much for the start of your press, which is where I perhaps need the help a bit more. I think this is a good compromise. Oh, and I'm working in some Rows like I worked in Pullups on Mondays as I think it will help me in the long run since I think my back needs more work than my front so to speak.

And 3 more reps on Chinups! I realized I need to be taking a full 3 min break between those sets. I think I was rushing them as I was used to do them as finishers before. Now they are a main lift.

All in all, good stuff. Tomorrow we'll see if I can tweak that deadlift setup and see what happens. I'm more than a little excited about that! Could be a 300 lb deadlift tomorrow! We'll see.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote