Thread: Diet is 90%
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 06:31 PM   #17
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

You're making one big, but false assumption...that people are training hard enough and progressing. Most aren't.

Quote:
A beginner can get away with a subpar program because the stimulus being applied
Sure they can...no one is arguing that. They most certainly will gain if they are training hard enough. But most aren't. That's why I made my initial statement.

My statement wasn't to the 5% that are actually working hard. It was to the 95% who go OCD on diet structure but train like a limp noodle.

No matter how hard you diet, if you train like a noodle you will fail. This is my point, and I don't see why this is up for debate?

I see it dozens of times a week. Week in and week out I deal with trainees that structure calorie intake but don't progress for 2 straight years. There are armies of trainees like this. It doesn't matter how meticulously you count calories or macros, it's just food if you aren't progressing.

I deal with dozens upon dozens of trainees each week that have diets so precise it makes my head spin, but then I check their training logs and they haven't made any substantial progress in the gym in a long time.

I stand by my statement. 95% of people on random forums don't train hard enough, period. It doesn't matter what they eat. They aren't getting bigger, nor are they getting stronger.

In fact, "hard training" is so rare that spotting someone who has experienced beginner muscle gains is like spotting an albino buck. It happens, but not very often.

We don't have a lot of beginners here at MAB so we don't see it as much here, but on many lifting forums spotting beginner gains is very rare. I hope everyone understands this statement isn't focused on anyone here.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 11-06-2011 at 06:53 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote