View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 04:59 PM   #5
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Honestly the preparation for my training session begins the moment the last one has ended. By the time I have typed up the session on here, I am already thinking about what I am doing next. As I train Westside I rotate through exercises, I immediately start thinking about what the main work will be, what my goal will be and what assistance I will do.

In the week I start around lunchtime. I eat BIG to make sure I'm fuelled. Around 5pm I have a meal replacement shake and a caffeine tablet. At half six I leave the office and get in my car. It's a short ride to the gym so I pick two songs to get me in the mood. I get changed at the gym. Lace up my shoes and lather on the deep heat. Once I can smell that, I know it's go time.

I also train on Saturday morning which is different. I get up early with Mini LtL, change and feed her and then shovel some breakfast in quickly, normally just a whey shake. Then she'll have a nap and I eat some porridge, maybe some toast and another whey shake. Then I have no time to get psyched up at home. I might be able to get on here for a bit but that's it. Around 10:30 though I'll pass onto Mrs LtL, get dressed and it's go time. I'll have an energy drink in the car, angry music on and by the time I hit the gym and deep heat up, I'm ready to go.

Learning what gets you ready to train and being able to switch that on is a key skill.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote