View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 03:34 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I have my own set of rituals and preparations that I have to go through. I won't workout unless everything on my list is checked off.

First thing is socks. They must not be worn so they fall off my calves during lifting. I can't lift with socks around my ankles.

Second is clothing. On squat and deadlifts I must have a long sleeve shirt, hoodie or sweatshirt. On press days I must wear a t-shirt.

After this I put on my shoes and prepare my intra-workout drink which is almost always whey in 32 ounces of water. Once I have my whey and water I will grab my notebook and analyze my last workout for this lift and set goals.

Now I am ready for the dungeon. I have to prep my music before I do anything. I rarely listening to anything other than Slayer, old Metallica, Swashbuckle, Testament or Iron Witch. At times I listen to the same CD for months on end.

I always follow the same warmup protocol and weight progression, always starting with a big lift.

Keeping everything the same allows for me to comfortably focus on my workout.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote