Old 11-04-2011, 09:52 AM   #29
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 8
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite member
Default 11/4/11 Dog House Training 5/3/1 Deload Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
With the numbers that you're looking at, I think the aggressive approach could work nicely.

LtL
Thanks LtL, see below.

Squats and Bench

Squats
5 x 45 wu
5 x 65 wu
5 x 80
5 x 90
5 x 115

Floor Press- Absolutely no shoulder pain... woohoo!
5 x 65
5 x 75
5 x 90

Leaning Leg Extensions
3 x 10 x 70

LS Tricep Pushdowns
3 x 10 x 40

Hanging Knee Raises
3 x 10 x BW

NOTES
I combined my Leg and Bench day, as this will be the first Saturday since school started that there is not some sort of band function. I hope to get some things done around the house. Today was my final deload day, not much to note. I did substitute Floor Presses for Flat Bench. These felt much better on my shoulders.

Monday I will start Cycle 2 of 5/3/1. I have decided to go the more aggressive route.

The maxes that I am starting with this cycle are:
Squats: 246.7
Deadlifts: 350
Bench Press: 163.3
OHP: 156

I will be using the Periodization Bible Protocol approach for the assistance work. I tried both PBP and Wendler's BB approach and feel PBP will help me reach my goals better.

Getting focused to get better.

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

My training Log
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote