View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 08:51 PM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis View Post
This sounds good in theory and the science backs it up but has it been field tested?

It might turn out to be unpractical or it just doesn't work out quite as well as expected.I'm not sure really but something could go wrong with it.It is like HIIT versus steady state cardio; HIIT burns more fat on paper and it is faster too but it is more CNS intensive and might effect the weight lifting sessions.

I do think it would work though but it would be hard to prove it would be better or works because it hasn't been carried out in the gym by people(I think).While the other bulking methods have been.
Other then in the studies, no. We know that when you cut properly, you generally lose little to no muscle. We also know that bulking longer then 2 weeks tends to put on more fat. So the combination really seems like it might be better then long term bulking.

I really wish I had about 20 subjects I could train and run my own experiment with.

It's so hard to get accurate feedback on anything in the muscle building realm because so few lifters actually own a skinfold caliper. Most rely on unreliable online bodyfat calculators.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote