MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Thanks, Pull! Yeah, it's easy right now as I started this routine at about 90%. I've done 225 for 3 before, so I should be able to nail it for 5 singles easy.

However, I've never actually benched 230 or higher before. I'm pretty sure I can do it, of course, but I've never actually done it.

That's one of the things I really like about this routine is that it is sort de-mystifying heavy weights for me. I've been conditioned for 5 reps, but when I hit maximal I was always a little too beat up before I got there, so hitting those last couple reps were killing me and progression was stalling out some.

Now, just knowing all I have to do is hit a max once, it sort of takes the pressure off, if that makes sense.

I figure, I'll run these singles up for as long as I can, then switch back to a 5x5 and see how far I have come.

However, today was a washout. Bitter. Couldn't make it to the gym at all, not even an evening session as the wife had a meeting so I have the kids. and tomorrow looks grim too as I wasn't planning on going.

I'll just skip squats this week and pick up with Push Press on Thursday. No way I'm missing Cleans and Deads on Friday either!

Still, on the bright side, I think I've got a handle on how to permanently switch my schedule to this new four day routine. Fingers crossed.

Anyway, was fun catching up with people tonite. Lots of good stuff going on around these boards.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote