View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 02:43 PM   #28
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Absolutely. I got the impression our sticking point in the Squat was fairly similar from our discussion. I'm hoping the partials or chain work will give us the confidence with heavier weights at lockout.
I really think that's the primary issue with me...confidence. I hit 375 in warmups and it starts to feel real heavy. 450 doesn't really feel all that much different than 375. I just need to man up and get it on my back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
I thought about the partial work, I think I will just take it off pins rather than walking it out and for the deads straight off the blocks. It'll only be the Bench partials I'll do a regular unrack and then press.
Works pretty well for me as long as pin height is good. My cage rattles a bit, making for a pretty boisterous set.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote