Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Nice work Fazc. I don't know about you, but on the heavy squat work it's almost 80% mental for me.
Absolutely. I got the impression our sticking point in the Squat was fairly similar from our discussion. I'm hoping the partials or chain work will give us the confidence with heavier weights at lockout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Does your rack give any rebound on the sumos? One of the issues I have with rack pulls is rebound. I try to minimize it but am always tempted to use it.
I pull off blocks actually, and pull from a dead stop each rep. I don't have a problem with doing touch 'n' go per se but it usually means the bar comes up unevenly. So I prefer to let it settle, set my back and pull.

I thought about the partial work, I think I will just take it off pins rather than walking it out and for the deads straight off the blocks. It'll only be the Bench partials I'll do a regular unrack and then press.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote