Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!
Default Steak, Eggs, Whisky and Two Beards Log

Starting a new log from the discussion arisen here:

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/pow...-strength.html

The basic plan can be summed up as doing the lifts and their variations as much as possible. There will be severe loading for 2 weeks followed by 1-2 weeks of active rest with a reduced schedule and 50% weights. I believe that to be better than average I will need to train at a higher than average level at least some of the time.

My strength levels are varied at the moment as I've been getting used to equipment, but essentially I have gotten back the bulk of my strength from my hamstring injury in 2007. However I have not progressed much past that, my goals are to hit Elite in the 90kg or 82.5kg class.

Tentative 6 Day Approach

As Btb I'll be refining stuff as I go along, but here is what I am thinking. It's slightly different as essentially its 3 Presses and 3 Squat/Dead days:

Day 1 Bench (A Workout)
Day 2 Squat/Dead (A Workout)
Day 3 Bench (B Workout)
Day 4 Squat/Dead (B Workout)
Day 5 Bench (C Workout)
Day 6 - Squat/Dead (C Workout)

Bench Workouts

Bench A Workout

--Bench Press: 8 singles
--3 Board Press, 6 x 3

Bench B Workout

--CGBP: 6 triples

Bench C Workout

--Bench Press: 6 triples
--CGBP: 6 x 3 (optional)

Squat/Deadlift Workouts

Squat/Deadlift A Workout
--Squat Singles x 8 reps
--Sumo Partial Deadlifts 6 x 3

Squat/Deadlift B Workout
--Box Squats 6 x 3
--Trap Bar Deficits 6 x 3

Squat/Deadlift A Workout
--Deadlifts x 8 singles
--Partial Squats 6 triples

I'll be using bands on certain exercises. Briefs/Belt/Wraps/Slingshot will be used as supportive gear, closer to competition I'll look to using the gear more often. Long-term I'd like to train in as much gear as I'll be using in a competition, so regular shirted benching and geared squatting will be included, but I'll have to phase that in over time.

Last edited by BendtheBar; 10-31-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote