View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 10:26 AM   #31
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
I like that a lot Btb, because it will give you an actual number to base your next 2 week block on, which is very valuable.

On the other day are you sticking to multiple triples? I'll be doing multiple triples on the CGBP.
I am thinking of something like:

Week 1

--Close Grip Bench Press, 6 x 3
--Incline CGBP, 12345. Start with the triple weight from CGBPs and do a single, drop weight, do a double, drop, do a triple…etc.

Week 2

--Close Grip Bench Press, 6 x 3 – Last triple go for MAX REPs. If I hit 5 reps, add weight to this lift next cycle.
--Incline CGBP, 12345. Start with the triple weight from CGBPs and do a single, drop weight, do a double, drop, do a triple…etc.

I don't necessarily want to work towards a max triple quite yet on CGBPs, as I am still testing my body's ability to handle this structure, so I am going to try an "all out" set on week 2 as a method to judge if I am ready for a weight addition.

As always, interested in anyone's feedback...

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links