Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin.j.taylor View Post
I would also like to hear what you have done in the past to progress and I would like you to caveat that you are a BAMF when it comes to lifts, so a beginner doesnt need a program this complicated.
I have done a lot of different programs in the past, but one thing they have in common is that they are always focused around heavy compounds. Even when I was doing more of a bodybuilding type split.

Here is my training progression through the years:
1. Started in my basement with my dad having me do heavy sets of 6 on compound movements, should have just stuck with this
2. Joined the local YMCA, where I thought I was learning to train. Basically I did a bodybuilding split for a while that was still focused on lifting heavy
3. Went to college and found forums on the internet, Steve suggested that I think about powerlifting.
4. Used Layne Nortan's Power Hypertrophy workout, one upper body power day, and one lower body power day low reps, and then 3 other days that were like a body part split
5. Started to use the West side template, I made good gains, but I was not doing enough assistance so I lost some size. But my main lifts went up.
6. Here is where I got into Chaos and Pain, I trained 3 days a week using a squat, push, and Pull. This was very effective for me, but it really kills you.
7. I used 5/3/1 for a while, great program but I let my ego get the best of me.
Now, I am back to using Westside and trying to get the most out of it that I can, I think assistance is key to Westside and a good training environment.

That is a history of Jwood, lol.