View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 09:06 AM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
How would you feel about this type of schedule, using your Squat variations:

Monday - Squat singles, Partial Deads

Wed - Chains, Deficit Deads

Fri - Deadlifts, Partial Box SQ

So in effect just 2 exercises per day, and 48 hours to recover between sessions. However this would involve both a Squat and Dead variation each day.
I think it's solid. The partial box squats are easiest for me so pairing them with heavier deadlifts makes sense.

Deficit deads...believe it or not I did these for 2.5 years running without knowing it. My plates are from Wal-mart and 1.5 inches short of diameter. I am thinking about something LTL and I talked about...sumo deficits.

I received very strong carryover last year from sumos to conventional. I think perhaps if I did deficits it might make sense to perform sumos.

I also feel I need to add in weight situps and side bends. These take me 5 minutes max, but when I don't perform them my squat eccentrics suffer.

Also, I seem to benefit from power shrugs, so on partial day I might add in a couple sets at the end.

Now, rows...they have helped my lockout strength. I would probably keep them a part of my pressing days, with perhaps a press, row, press, scheme. Thoughts?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 10-29-2011 at 09:09 AM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote