Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member
Default 10/28/11 Dog House Trainging 5/3/1 Week 3 Cycle 1 Day 3

Chest and Triceps

Bench Press
10 x Bar wu
5 x 95 wu
5 x 110
3 x 125
5 x 140 PR**

Weighted Walker Dips
10 x BW+10
8 x BW+10
10 x BW + 10
10 x BW+10

Pec Deck
8 x 70
8 x 80
8 x 85
8 x 90

Home Brew Larry Scott Pushdowns
8 x 40
3 x 8 x 45
5 x 45

Push ups
3 x 12 x BW

NOTES
Not sure how well I hit the chest, but the arms sure are tight and pumped. Wife wanted to stop at Duncan Doughnuts on way to work. I thought, " an apple fritter sure sounds good." Can't remember last time I had one and about 1 hour before training, if I was going to eat those carbs, that was probably the best time. Wasn't as good as I remember them. Oh well.

Bench - I have still not figured this exercise out. Weakest lift causes most pain, go figure. I have tried using the form as Deisel Crew advocate, Dave Tate advocates, elbows flared shoulder width, just laying down and not even thinking about it and nothing seems to help. My right should just can't stand this exercise. Since I do not ever plan to get into power lifting, and I do not want to deal with a shoulder injury, I am going to return to the variation that I have seen and felt the best results, the floor press. Next week is 5/3/1 deload week, so I will finish out this cycle and start the next one subbing Floor Press for Flat bench.

Walker Dips - I used very short rest between sets, not smart. I eeked these out
Pec Deck - Felt these hitting the pecs, mission accomplished
LS Pushdowns - Last three sets I really focused on a full extension, what a difference. I thought my triceps would pop. Slow and full ROM is the way to go with these
Push ups - Great way to finish the day. A lot tougher than I thought they were going to be.

I have enjoyed this first cycle of 5/3/1. I like the progression it supplies on the main lifts. I have been thinking, over the course of the last few weeks, the split is essentially the same split as the split I was using up to last month. On that split I was seeing my best physical gains, with this split I foresee my best numerical gains. I am going to look into melding the two and see if I can get the best of both worlds.

Since my blood work was great and my body weight is pretty close to where I was shooting, I am going to stop eating a deficit and return to maintenance or slightly above. I will post details as soon as I get them worked out. The early morning fritter, threw off my measurement day, so that will happen tomorrow. Until then, have a blessed Day!

Chillen, Where are you? - Life is busy and life is rough but don't let it push you down.

Meet Maxes: Gym Maxes:
Squat 308 315
Bench 176 185 This WILL change!
Deadlift 408 375

Shooting for a 1000+ total for next meet, spring/summer 2015. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote