View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 08:41 AM   #5
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

My issue with your routine is that you seem to think that you'll be working on two different goals on two different days. Having a heavy day and a light day serves a different purpose, it's not a split between strength and hypertrophy. In fact if you really wanted a strength day and a hypertrophy day, I'd be doing singles on the strength day and 5 to 8 reps on the hypertrophy day (shown to be the most effective).

Two day splits give plenty of recovery time between session, so Hvy/Med/Lght gets thrown out. Since you are only going to be working out twice a week, I'd use both days to progress with the same chosen protocol and not split it up the way you did. Look at the writings of McRobert, Christy, Leistner, Wendler, and see what they recommend for two day splits. Both days have heavy work, assistance work, and accessory work.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote