Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Hey Val, out of curiosity have you watched any of these cancer documentaries:

"The Gerson Miracle"
"Burzynski, the Movie"

...Just wondering if you have seen them and if so what you thought...
No, I haven't. Honestly, my experience has left me emotionally drained. I tend to avoid these types of things. I just don't want to deal with it. Long term denial I guess. I do find it easy to be supportive of people who are going through it. Or people who are dealing with loved ones. I imagined myself being a high profile advocate, but I find myself avoiding events and book signings, and such.

I hate cancer. I hate what it did to me. I hate what it stole from me. I hate the fact that since my surgery, I've lost an aunt and a childhood hero. And its now trying to steal a friend from me. I hate that too. I also hate watching news reports or reading articles about my type of cancer and finding out there are less intrusive procedures. That really makes me mad.

Sorry for the rant, but it still is a sore spot for me.

Would you recommend those documentaries? Have you seen them? What was the subject matter? Maybe I'll search them out.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote