Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Cycling doesn't need to be a complicated or highly prescriptive affair, it is essentially switching between periods of high workload and lowered intensity with periods of low workload and higher intensity. Or using a different (but related) model it is periods of high intensity and high workload against periods of low intensity and low workload.

I explain that here if you're interested, but it is a long read:

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/art...tml#post183034

Your progression is quite simply this: if you start with Bench Press for 100kg for 5 singles, then when you get all of those 5 singles in good form you move to 102.5kg.

Back off weeks come when you need them, typically every 2 to 8 weeks, and they entail a week on the same routine but at 50%.

Cycling is unnecessary for most people until they are far more advanced. I prefer back off weeks for beginners/intermediates as they are a simple way to periodise without disrupting the flow and focus of training.

My question for you, what are your poundages for the Squat, Bench Press, Deadlift and Overhead Press?

Last edited by Fazc; 10-26-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote