Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

This morning's bodyweight- 203.8

A couple things have conspired to make my bodyweight look worse than it is. First is the fact that I'm feeling a little "backed up" at the moment. This will take care of itself at some point. Another is the fact that yesterday instead of normal PT I did my PFT, or physical fitness test. This is much less strenuous than normal PT, so I didn't sweat or burn as much as usual.

I think it's official. It's time to add cardio to my training. More on this later.

There is, however, good news to report! After all, the main point of this is to increase my performance. Here's how I did on my PFT;

Pushups in 2:00- 61 (PB is 62, so very close)
Situps in 2:00- 55 PR
2 mile run- 15:08 PR

My best 2 mile run to date is 15:36, so basically I annihilated my old time. Considering that this is done right after situps, which means I ALWAYS get a stomach cramp, I'm very happy with this time. I ran extremely strong and finished the last 1/8 mile moving very quickly. My pacing was almost perfect. I finished the first mile in exactly 7:30, so I only added :08 to my second mile. Next time I should be able to break 15:00 which would put me in a very good place to go into Basic.

Another interesting thing to note is that since my last PFT I have done NO steady state running. At PT we will do sprints sometimes, but most of my conditioning has actually been done in the weight room, where I push myself very hard. My heart rate is usually very elevated for at least the second half of my workout, and my cardiovascular endurance shined on the run.
Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote