Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn
Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 8 years off and on
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lots789 View Post
Eat less and that's about it. I reduced my portion sizes but I had several bad days. My job is stressful and physical and all I want to do when I get home is eat.
Its not necessarily about portion sizes, nor is it about eating less. There's a great misconception that dieting = eating less and being hungry. My most successful diets have me slamming down food. The difference is the nutritional content of the food, and understanding the importance of calorie control. A cone of ice cream can contain over 300 calories. It takes about 6-8 ounces of chicken breast to equal the 300 calories. Which do you think is going to keep you full through your next meal? A bowl of cereal can be 300 calories, or you can eat 4-5 eggs. Which one will keep you more full?

Little things like this make a huge difference. Instead of pounding down a soda, have a diet soda. Instead of drinking milk with your meals, have water or another zero calorie drink. Cut back on liquid calories, substitute unhealthy snacks with healthy foods (fruit, carrots, whatever) and give yourself some lenience. Allow yourself to have ice cream daily, or whatever, but make smarter decisions. Instead of having regular ice cream, have a skinny cow ice cream; 120 calories, which is far less from the average ice cream.

Whatever it is, keep your quantities consumed in check.

Another thing that's important for you to understand is that you can't do everything at once. Whether or not your goal is to be healthy or a wickedly large/ripped bodybuilder; you're gonna have to take it one step at a time, and it starts with fat-loss. Trying to put on significant muscle and losing significant weight will interfere with one another, and you'll begin spinning your wheels really fast. So, choose one goal and start with that.

You don't need to be joining some crazy routine like boot camp or whatever just to lose weight. Changing around some of your eating habits and just going for walks every night can go a long way.

I can sit here and type out everything you need to know, and it will take me all day because I have a lot of information stored in this tiny brain of mine. But let's start simple and take things one step at a time. Simplicity is the key to success, and losing weight doesn't have to feel like you're being dragged through a pile of broken glass.