MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartigus View Post
I normally warmup with the bar and light weights, but I am wanting to add some mobility exercises to my warmup. What sort of hip mobility stuff does everyone do for the warmup?
I'm with you, Spart. I do bar empty bar stuff and light weights of things I'm doing that day. But I also do kind of a pre-warmup that really seems to help as I'm older and perhaps less warm in general. I'll post it here as it works for me, but I don't know if it's good for others. As for hip mobility, I do lunge and reach backs, reach back both hands opposite of leg lunging, that and empty bar cleans and snatches, hope that helps your hips, Spart.

Typical upper body warmup:
Diesel Crew shoulder workout, I-R Y,L,W, Scarecrows, etc. Also, hanging from bar w/ 5-8 scapular retractions, wood bar dislocationsx 15, and some OH squats, finally some active hamstring stretches as that is a weakness for me. Then before I lift, I do empty bar stuff related to the lifts I'm doing for the day.

Typical lower body warmup:
Active Hamstring stretch, jumping mtn climbers, leg swings fwd and sideways, hypers or ghetto GHRs, I also do squat jumps or speed deads with very light weights for fast twitch activation.

Not an expert, that's just what I do.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote