Traphouse86
Max Brawn
Points: 6,569, Level: 53 Points: 6,569, Level: 53 Points: 6,569, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 6 Years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Muscle Milk & Xtend
Traphouse86 is a dedicated contributorTraphouse86 is a dedicated contributorTraphouse86 is a dedicated contributorTraphouse86 is a dedicated contributorTraphouse86 is a dedicated contributorTraphouse86 is a dedicated contributorTraphouse86 is a dedicated contributorTraphouse86 is a dedicated contributorTraphouse86 is a dedicated contributorTraphouse86 is a dedicated contributorTraphouse86 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
I've decided to go a different route after almost 8 months on fullbody routines. I'm focussing totally on powerlifting and the routine is based around the big four.
Mondays - Bench and Assistance including Back and Shoulder work
Tuesdays - Squat and Assistance including Low back and Core work
Thursdays - OHP and Assistance including Back and Chest work
Fridays - Deadlift and Assistance including Low back and Core work

The main lifts I'll work up to 5x1, except deadlift which is still 5x5, and then back off sets usually 5x5 or so. Asisstance stuff is 5x 8-12.

It looks like this so far, but I'm taking this week to fine tune it a bit. Below are just the working sets. Warmups are going to be more reps below 80% and less reps above 80% before hitting the working sets.

Mondays
Bench 5x 1, 3x3 85%
Cable Rows 5x10
High Incline DB press 5x 8
Pulldowns 5x 12
Dips 5x 12
Hammer Curls 5x 12

Tuesdays
Squat 5x1, 1x 10-12 75-80%
Front Squat 5x5 or Leg press 5x5
Power GM 5x 5
Cable Chops 5x 12

Thursdays
Push Press 5x 1, 5x 5 75-80%
Chinups/Lats pulldowns 5x12
CGBP 5x 8
DB Rows 5x 8
Rear Laterals 5x 12
Bar Curls 5x 12

Fridays
Power Cleans 5x 1
Deadlift 5x5
Deficit Deadlift 3x 5
RDL 3x5
Weighted situps 5x 12

The idea is to really focus on one lift a day and get more familiar with close to max singles. We'll see.
I like it for the most part. Only thing I see that might be a issue is the power cleans on Friday right after push presses and CGBP on Thursday. Shoulders might be a little beat up from the thursday session. Just my 2 cents

"I donít believe that anyone knows what his or her full potential is, I donít believe in genetics as a ceiling for performance, and I donít believe in plateaus." JMB

Proudly Sponsored by http://muscleandbrawn.com/
Traphouse86 is offline   Reply With Quote