View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 11:39 AM   #27
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
But ... I differ in the opinion that Reeves' beginner routine (for most part) is like a HIT routine.
I agree with you Kit. I am merely saying one set per bodypart looks like a HIT routine on the surface. I think we both know that 80% of posters who comment on routines like this on any random forum speak first and think second.

I am not saying they are the same, but rather on the surface the Reeve's beginner would appear to many to not be too far off. My point was that if you posted it as a simple structure on another forum, someone would chime in and call it HIT. I believe this would happen, if anybody really bothered to respond.

Quote:
this is not necessarily training to failure HIT style.
Again I agree. I never stated they were the same. I merely stated many would perceive them to look the same on the surface. They look much closer in nature (fullbody, one top set, etc.) than the Reeve's looks to any random volume workout in a magazine.

Though we are familiar with fullbody workouts on this site, they are still misunderstood by at least 95% of posters across the Internet.

Great post about Reeves.

Regarding Reeve's style in general, I've read the Reeve's book among other things and understand quite a bit about his approach. This slow building is the essence of many workouts that GL and I worked on together.

Quote:
his principles are ambiguous enough to be thought that this is a style close to HIT.
Just caught this after my ramble. Ignore everthing prior to this.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 10-20-2011 at 02:02 PM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote