Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn
Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 8 years off and on
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
But can anyone explain why her strength has decreased?
Strength decrease is probably due to exhaustion, since this is all new to her, and maybe DOMs is inhibiting her a little bit. Get her to eat a little more than normal, and remind her that adequate calories and rest are important.

Quote:
2 Training for progression. How slow should I take it? Is there anything I should know? And can anyone offer any general advice? I am not exactly a professional trainer to begin with, and I don't know if there are particular differences between training a female for progression and training a male the same way.
Progression for women is generally a lot slower than men. I would focus less on a set linear style of progression and focus on completing more reps than the previous week or session. The main thing to note about her progression is going to be just like a man's; is the form failing, progression in weight should not continue. If the form is falling apart in the later sets and/or higher reps, then she is not ready to add more weight. If she can just manage the sets and reps, then you need to focus on adding just a little bit more volume, whether that be sets or reps or both before increasing the weight.

Form is more important than anything. It doesn't matter how much weight you can lift if you cannot lift it correctly. In my experiences with my wife, it normally takes her about 2-3 weeks to add 5-10lbs. But it is highly dependant on the lift. From my experiences, OHP and bench are certainly not strong exercises for most women.