View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 01:59 PM   #14
BigJosh
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Chicken every day Homie!
BigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abett07 View Post
while workoing out at the gym today performing the standing overhead press I just realised that I have never seen anyone else perform this exercise .Just about everyone uses dumbells to perform a seated press.

is the standing overhead press underutilised or is made some what redundant by bencn exercises that hit the front delts hard ?
I don't think it's redundant at all.
I am personally of the opinion that it is just underutilized for various reasons. Possible because a lot of gym goers have weak core strength from not performing lifts like Deads and/or squats, making standing OHP hard for them. Or it could be the simple reason that people are lazy and would rather sit or lay down that stand and do a lift.
Just my opinion on the matter.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote