Old 10-18-2011, 09:41 PM   #8
Abaddon
Strongman & Trainer
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5 years total
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Log Clean Press
Fav Supp: Meat & Milk
Abaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab54 View Post
Looks like an awesome dinner! Been very interested in switching to paleo myself.
I couldn't tell you that I'm following it to the letter, because I put nesquick in my milk, but I switched to a paleo diet about a month ago by (almost) eliminating processed carbs from my diet, and I've never felt better.

I get my nutrients, fibre and natural sugar from fruits and vegetables, I drink 2-3 litres of full cream milk every day, and eat a variety of fresh meats, dairy and eggs.

I don't eat any grains, cereals, breads, or wheat, rice, or pasta (usually). I have only a little nesquick each day. And I don't drink alcohol anymore.

I lost 5 kgs in the first 3 weeks by following this diet and training as I normally do - usually 3 days a week. I perform no cardio.

What I'm saying is, I think it works. I drank 3 litres of milk yesterday and had BBQ ribs for dinner, and I lost nearly a kilogram overnight. Some of that can be attributed to water weight, but some of it is certainly fat loss. I didn't even train yesterday, I only trained others.

Another thing to mention is the way it makes you feel, having no processed carbs and other junk in your diet. I can thrive on 6-7 hours sleep when I used to feel still tired on 8+!! I am a lot more emotionally stable and generally more positive. I deal with stress better and am more 'switched on'.

This is coming from a guy who used to have IBS, and used to be supposedly intolerant to casein and/or lactose. I was using soy products instead of dairy. I used to blame dairy for my issues, but when I removed carbs from my diet, this dramatic change happened. The IBS went away too!

I also recommend eating every 2-3 hours. I lost a net weight of 5 kilos in about 8 months, and now 11 overall, since I started eating 5+ meals a day instead of just 2 or 3, along with training 2-3 or more days per week.

/rant.
EDIT: sorry Steve, I completely forgot where I was! I can move to another thread maybe?

W.A. AMATEUR STRONGMAN

MY LOG

PERSONAL RECORDS
Axle clean-press: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Bench press: 135 kgs (298 lbs) - 1st PL meet 16th October 2011
Deadlift w/Barbell: 180 kgs (397 lbs)
Deadlift w/Hexbar: 225 kgs (496 lbs)
Farmers walk: 240 kgs (530 lbs), 50 feet
Front squat: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Log clean-press: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Strict OHP: 85 kgs (187 lbs) 3 reps
Tyre flip: 260 kgs (573 lbs), 100 feet

Last edited by Abaddon; 10-19-2011 at 08:35 AM.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote