View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 01:35 PM   #7
Grim83
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhuse2 View Post
That look good thanks, Grimm. That is why I like the forum. People will help and offer constructive critisism. I have one question...
How do you read this:
Incline DB Press- 2-4x4-6
DB flyes- 2-3x8-10
DB pullovers- 2-3x10-12
DB shoulder press- 3-4x4-6
I don't understand the rep. and set and how much weight.
well the numbers on the left side of the x are sets, so for Incline DB press for instance you would do between 2 and 4 sets, and the number on the right side is reps. You could start at 2 sets of four, and then add reps or sets until you hit the higher number of either side, which would allow for progression. Also because each exercise is performed with dumbbells you dont really have to worry about getting trapped, so you can train harder. The weights are up to you, but pick a weight that would be challenging to do for all reps the reps of each set. Remember this is only a suggestion, and could easily be changed depending on specific goals, if you give me something to work with as far as goals, i could help you set up an even better routine.

P.S. If you wish to train with barbells instead, but cant get a power rack, look into getting some saw horses or something similar that you can put next to the bench to avoid getting stuck under the bar.
User owns 1x Super Squats

No Bullshit no problems

My Blog- http://grim83.blogspot.com/
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote