Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuytrider View Post
I stupidly believed as I am approaching 30 in a few months that my opportunity to make real strength gains were gone. Thanks to people like you and Steve, I realize I have plenty of time so long as I am making the effort in the here and now. You're in enviable shape for someone of ANY age.

You are still your prime, dude! Thank you for your kind words, young man!

Nearly every day, I see persons at or near my age, that have large bellies (males), and grunt in pain to just pick up an item on the floor they may have dropped, waddle around like a duck and barely able to support their personal weight as they walk.

I was in deed sort of like this once. I was a fat ass near 200 pounds (and at 5'7'') that is carrying a lot of weight (with no weight training experience behind me), I was just a lard ass, period. And, flat weak sauce.

For example, when I first started, my bench press was about 80 to 90 pounds, about 44 years of age. Now, add "nearly" 200 lbs to this starting weight, in about 5 years. Muscle has come slow, but it has come. My body likes to pile on the fat more than it does muscle, so I have to be careful with the diet during a bulk, but it still........."wants" or is "willing" to add muscle and strength--as long as I "give it a progressive reason to".

Weight training leaves no doubt, in its postive impact on the aging process.

I dont even want to think, where I would be without my Iron-buddy.

We are buds......forever. Why, because I do have some control over this. I do not have control over the aging process. However, what I have control over----"effects" what I do not have control over. And, this simply makes good sense.

I may add, in a short sprint (up hill, since I train this as well), I can out do my kids. The get me on the longer sprints, but I don't train this......HM...I may want to suprise their young asses...by BUSTEN THEIR ASSES!.....he, he

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote