Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

I have two sons, age 23 and 26. Neither train regularly (though they will train with me once in a while, if I get their young asses up, because I train more often in the mornings before work). I am stronger in every compound lift then either of them, including iso's. The only exercise I am not stronger, is the back squat. Though they are bigger, they are weaker in the weight room.

My youngest son, Quentin, is 230 pounds. My oldest son, Dustin, is 245 pounds. And, both are about 6ft 4in. They are monsters in comparison to their old man. They can not come close to benching their weight. At about 168, I do it for reps. If I did not train regularly in my middle 40's leading into age 50, I wouldn't even come close (say in comparison) to what my son's starting weight would be, if they began weight training regularly.

I owe a debt of gratitude to the iron for this.

What I do know, is that if they trained regularly, they would surpass there old man much more quickly, and then become stronger (in comparison) due to the age differences, being that they are in their prime.

There is a lesson here to learn.

Though I believe, physical "appearance" is NOT "necessarily" an indicator of one's health, at 50 I look far better then persons 30 years younger (and I just say this as it relates to the topic).

I owe a debt of gratitude to the iron for this. It has shown and proven its worth to me. And, along the way, I show my son's (as they grow older too), what they can achieve:

If they just get under the bar.

No amount of money can purchase this, because to me, its priceless.

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 10-17-2011 at 07:50 AM.
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote