View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 09:56 PM   #26
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I think right now you are pretty strong. I think we need to be thinking more about progression and overall set structure rather than just total sets. The thing that messes me up a bit is building a workout devoid of back squats. Not being critical mind you...it's just the center of most things I do.

I think Fazc has a pretty decent approach. I don't want you to deadlift more than once per week, unless you're doing speed work, and I'm not certain how that fits into the strongman paradigm. Your time may be better spent with other things.

I like to test myself once a month (or once every 3 weeks), so perhaps you could use the last bench, deadlift or press set of each 5x5 once a month and do an all out set. If it's a strong effort, and 10 pounds to the lift next week (5 for bench or press)...something like that.

It's important to have progression nailed down...how and when.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Sorry Steve.
I should apologize. I didn't mean it like it sounded.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote