View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 03:18 PM   #8
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!
Default Hamstring stretch back to full functionality

If anyone needs a stretch for pulled hamstring muscles, which allows you to get back into workouts quicker:

I hope this description works

1) Stand
2) Bend knees slightly
3) Bring chest to thighs
4) Clasp hands around thighs
5) Very slowly start to straighten the legs up, but stop as soon as you feel any pull.
6) Back-off the movement slowly (i.e. allow legs to bend slightly more at knee to release pull on hamstrings)
7) Repeat stage 5 again
8) Repeat stage 6 again
9) Repeat stages 5 and 6 a few more times
10) end at a stage 6 move and release clasped hands
11) Stand upright

*4) If you follow the above, at your own body's pace, eventually you'll be able to clasp hands around the back of the knees and slide clasped hands down the calves as you extend the legs.

Doing the above, daily, you will notice that the muscles will improve quickly everyday, as long as you do not rush the procedure in any way; the hamstrings will also not have had time to tighten up whilst they have been injured and recovering.

I did the above with excellent results after badly pulling both hamstrings doing the splits (long story, I think I got cramp whilst manouvering), and it didn't take long for them to be fully functional again.

Hope this has and will be helpful